4/09/2007

Fighting Was Not An Option, SINCE WHEN?

A
VIEW FROM THE AFTERLIFE
COMMENTARY
by
ADMIRAL HORATIO NELSON
(Former British Naval Commander & Hero of the Battle of Trafalgar)



Salutations to all you good people in the land of the living.

I dare say that I am both shocked and appalled by the behaviour of the lads and lass in Her Majesty's Navy during the whole Iranian kidnapping debacle.

What most outraged me was the declaration by the navy that "Fighting was not an option."

What the bloody hell was that?

Fighting is always an option. Especially when some despotic potentate, drunk on power and madness, engages in a deliberate act of war. If I had been in charge of that British patrol, I'd have sunk those Iranian boats for violating Iraqi waters, lobbed a cannonball into that Ahmadinejad's bedroom window and be home in time for a cup of tea and a good shag with Lady Hamilton.

Of course I'm not part of the modern British navy.


In my day the British Navy was all about victory.


Victory battling piracy, French Imperialism, and slavery.


Nowadays the British Navy is all about budget cuts and a desire to 'avoid escalation' by not defending oneself when attack.


That's not the British Navy I knew.


That's not even the French Navy.


For shame.

No comments: